Monday 28 September 2009

28/09/09 - Amorphous cover Falling Down

Yep - as if the remix wasn't enough, now Amorphous have covered Oasis' Falling Down. What the song is for, whether it'll be released or not, and so on, is yet to be revealed, but Alisha Sufit writes this on her blog...

VOV! Well . . . not VOV really . . . that was just what it sounded like when my French friend used to say WOW!! But, yes, WOW! All yesterday Amorphous Androgynous were recording their very own new cover version of Oasis's Falling Down (love that song!) down at The Way studio run by nice Steve. Gorgeous chaps Virgil and Kes came in early to lay down the drums and bass and then we layered the rest – WonderAnt on guitar, Dave BAD! bongos, fab fiddle from Steve, cello from genius Hannah Miller, vocals from me in the early hours, vocals from SuperDave in the even later early hours . . . in between times, Dave (Sanderson), Edd Keene (flute), me and Hannah gently sessioned upstairs in the loungey place. Mare Street is good for great takeaways, too. I don't know what the poor little rescued canary made of it all in his big cage in the office, but he sang a bit as well! Then a nice Turk cabbed me home to my bed with a smile on my chops at 2 a.m. – no hour for an old hippie still to be up!! I went out like a light as soon as my head hit the feathers. Yes, we didn't finish till late . . . LATE!! Who was it on the studio sofa said, "And you're mixing it tonight, too, are you?" I THINK NOT! Gaz Cobain and Brian Dougans will put their wizard hats on and beaver away with their mixing bowls for quite some time to make a good pud for Mojo, so we hope so . . . .