Monday 14 June 2010

14/06/10 - News Of The World matchmaking again

After the Sun (apparently incorrectly) suggested Noel Gallagher is in the studio with 'dance duo' Amorphous Androgynous, now its Sunday sister paper The News Of The World has some quotes and then some rather citation needed text from Paul Weller.

Weller admits he got stuck in a rut before parting with his long-term backing band five years ago. "I was making music, but I wasn't fired up," he says. "I'd hemmed myself in with barriers, but I wrote some new types of songs that felt like a crack in the sky appearing.

"I realised I was the only one who'd created those boundaries. I'm on a roll and, after this record, the possibilities are endless."

Weller reveals he wants to write with singer Richard Hawley and dance duo Amorphous Androgynous, adding: "The one real idea I've got for my next record is to make it even more experimental!"

We'll see.

'Dance duo'. Really.